You can apply for a Tier 2 (general) visa if:
- you have been offered a skilled job in the UK
- you are from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
How long will it take?
The earliest you can apply for a visa is 3 months before you are due to start work in the UK. The date you can start is listed on your certificate of sponsorship. When you apply from outside the UK, you should receive a decision on your visa within 3 weeks.
Government application fees start from 610 GBP (750 USD) to apply for a Tier 2 (general) visa. Our professional fee starts from 20 000 GBP (25000 USD). If you are applying to extend or switch in the UK, you can pay an extra 500 GBP (620 USD) for this priority service, and will receive a decision within 5 working days. You can even pay an extra 800 GBP (980 USD) for the fast-track priority service. This will provide you with a decision by the end of the next working day.
How long you can stay
You can come to the UK with a Tier 2 (general) visa for a maximum of 5 years and 14 days, or the time given on your certificate of sponsorship, plus 1 month (whichever is shorter). You can begin your stay up to 14 days before the start date on your certificate of sponsorship. You can then apply to extend this visa for up to another 5 years, as long as your total stay is not more than 6 years in duration.
What you can and cannot do
- work for your sponsor in the job described in your certificate of sponsorship
- work in a second job in certain circumstances
- do voluntary work
- study, as long as it does not interfere with the job you are sponsored for
- travel abroad and return to the UK
- bring family members with you
- own above 10% of your sponsor’s shares (unless you earn 200 000 USD a year)
- get public funds
- apply for a second job, until you have started working for your sponsor
This type of visa is available only if you are going to invest 2 000 000 GBP (which is around 2 500 000 USD) or more in the UK
This type of visa is among of our most popular and affordable products. Real costs and the size of investments to obtain an Innovator visa may be as low as 100 000 USD.